So you’re looking to build a website? Whatever your reason for it, whether you are attracting potential customers or to show off your goods and services, you probably realize that a good website can add greatly to your company’s bottom line. Making sure you include some basics such as selecting a host, server monitoring tools, and securing a domain. These are all key ingredients to building an effective website. Follow the below guide to help create your dream website that will attract and retain customers.
- Site Must Haves – Grab a pen and pencil and jot down the must haves for your website. Some key components of a website include an “about us” page that details important information about your company. A separate page of goods and services is a great way to introduce potential customers to what your company can do for them. Depending on your line of work, including an online portfolio, which showcases your best projects, may also be of interest. Outlining possible pages for your site will also help you gather all of the content for your website. It is also crucial for you to include your contact information throughout the site to make it easy for customers to reach you.
- Secure a Domain Name – Select a domain name that includes your company name or, if that is not available, select something that is catchy and will be easy for potential clients to remember.
- DIY or Not – Once you have a grasp on the framework of your site, it’s time to decide whether you want to build the site on your own or hire a company to create it for you. If you’re computer savvy, you might be comfortable designing it on your own and choosing a host. Don’t be afraid to admit that you can’t do it yourself and look into the many companies that offer web page design and hosting. Be sure to communicate your expectations and wants so that your vision is their vision.
- Server Monitoring Tools – Selecting server monitoring tools to make sure that your site is always working effectively is a great way to keep traffic flowing to your site. It is an inexpensive way to make sure your site is up and running when your clients need to “see” you.
Taking the above suggestions in mind when creating your business’ website will ensure that you are meeting your potential clients’ expectations, all while putting your company in the best light.
- License: Creative Commons image source
Mike has built many websites and knows what it takes to create a successful site that will attract many visitors.